Taste of Hudson Donates $29,100 to Hudson Area Organizations
Donations total $267,125 over The Taste’s first nine years
October 10, 2013 – Hudson, Ohio – Taste of Hudson, on the heels of its 9th Annual festival, continues its tradition of donating net festival proceeds to Hudson and Summit County area organizations for the ninth year in a row. Grants from this year’s festival have been issued to thirteen different organizations bringing total donations over the nine years to $267,125. Donation checks were distributed to the recipient organizations at a presentation on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at the Hudson Library & Historical Society. Celebrating its ninth festival on September 1 & 2, Taste of Hudson continued its reputation as northeast Ohio’s premier culinary, entertainment and lifestyle- based festivals. “Taste of Hudson has become one of the finest lifestyle festivals of its kind in the region. Read More
Mark your calendars for our big 10th Anniversary Taste of Hudson on August 31- September 1, 2014.
View All Photos
from the 2013 Taste of Hudson. All photos taken by Julie Marie Galleries.
FOOD • WINE & BEER GARDEN • MUSIC FESTIVAL • KIDS ACTIVITIES • FAMILY FUN
Here is what is planned for this year’s Taste of Hudson
- Food, Food, Food! Taste culinary delights served in affordable sized portions from a varied selection of Hudson area restaurants. Located on the Windstream Communications Culinary Green. Click here to view the restaurants participating in last year’s Taste of Hudson. Click Here for Dining Card information.
- North End Wine & Beer Tasting Garden featuring free live music, fabulous select beers from Anheuser Busch and House of LaRose and dozens of wines of the world to choose from! While there. Don’t forget to plan to be at the Wine & Beer Garden for the great Sunday Night concert featuring the Evil Ways Band, a great Santana tribute band followed by Wanted, a the fine tribute to Bon Jovi!
- Music, Music, Music!Free live music on six stages featuring nearly 80 local and regional bands and entertainers. Taste of Hudson is one of the largest FREE music festivals in Ohio!
- Dozens of Exhibitor Tents located throughout the festival.
- Sign up for the inaugural “Race to the Taste” a 5K run and 1 mile Family Fun Run, on Monday, Sept. 2. The race starts at 8:30AM and the course starts and finishes at Taste of Hudson (Click here to register)
- Children’s crafts and activities in Little Tikes Land featuring the latest and greatest from Hudson’s own Little Tikes. Enjoy playing in our houses sized just right and much more!
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores is sponsoring the Jo-Ann Craft Zone, located on the Akron Children’s Hospital Activities Green. This year they are featuring all Duck Tape® crafts, with 4 FREE Make It-Take Its! Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores®
- ZumbaFest, sponsored by the Western Reserve Racquet & Fitness Club, is happening again with a new exciting location, The Gazebo Green at 10AM on Labor Day, September 2. Get your Zumba on with the region’s best instructors!
- Health screenings and child safety education courtesy of Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Visit the Diamond Auto Sales & Lease Luxury Auto Show during your visit to Taste of Hudson. Join host Katie the Car Lady as you view some of the finest newest luxury vehicles from area dealers.
- Visit the OPI tent where you can get a gel manicure from the new OPI fall line from a Hudson area saon manicurist for a donation to benefit the Shower’s Family Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Akron Children’s Hospital
- Performance artists strolling throughout the festival site!
- Art Fair at Taste of Hudson featuring 15 of the area’s finest artisans and crafters!
- A youth art exhibition sponsored and coordinated by FASTFRAME.
- Family activities, inflatables and toddler rides on the Clocktower Green.
- Fun, Fun, Fun for the entire family!|
Other Local Attractions
Destination Hudson With more than 100 independently-owned, regional and national chain restaurants and retail shops, Hudson, Ohio is the perfect place for shopping, dining and playing. Savor the charm of downtown Hudson as you stroll through the relaxed setting of our historic district and enjoy all Hudson has to offer. From summer concerts on the green, old-fashioned ice cream socials, home and garden tours to amazing food and wine events … Learn More Merchants of Hudson The Merchants of Hudson are more than 80 Hudson-based businesses — from unique retail shops and restaurants to service companies and national chains. By working together, we ensure that visitors to Hudson have the best possible experience. Whether you’re visiting for a morning or afternoon … Learn More Hudson Farmer’s Market The Hudson Farmers Market is a collaborative volunteer effort designed to help retain the special character of Hudson. It is a project of Leadership Hudson, a program sponsored by The Rotary Club of Hudson Clock Tower, and a collaboration between community leaders and civic-minded residents … Learn More 365 Things to do in Hudson It’s About Hudson Ohio USA! Welcome! Please post your events & favorite things to do here! If you live, play or work in Hudson Ohio – tell others about it here! … Visit our Facebook Page Western Reserve Academy Antiques Festival – 32nd Annual The 32nd Antiques Festival will take place on Labor Day, Sept. 2, 2013 in Hudson, Ohio. Western Reserve Academy (WRA) will once again open its campus to featured premier dealers and thousands of shoppers and collectors from across the region, for this yearly festival. The event is sponsored by the Pioneer Women’s Association of WRA, an organization comprised of the mothers of past and present WRA students. Learn More First & Main Summer Music Nights Grab some chairs and a blanket and head over to the First & Main Village Green every Friday and Saturday in July and August for evenings of music, dancing and giveaways. Enjoy the sounds of top bands from the area as they perform lively cover music and originals to suit all tastes. Concerts run from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. and are FREE to the public. Organized by First & Main. Learn More